Monday, June 16, 2008

Catching Up

I'VE BEEN OFF THE GRID A BIT IN THE LAST WEEK, and I apologize. Been a little busy with work and whatnot, but I'm back and ready for action. In my absence, I neglected to log my official prediction for last Friday's box office debuts. So you'll just have to believe that I was going to put The Incredible Hulk at $50 million (total take: $190 million) and The Happening at $30 million (total take: $93 million). In which case, since they brought in $54.5 and $30.5 million respectively, my accuracy would have been 91% and 98%.

I'm afraid you'll just have to believe me.

Anyway, I figure it's time to see how close my predictions of final box office take actually are. Am I genius or a total fool? Or something in between, something we might call a foolius? You decide!

What Happens In Vegas
my prediction: $40 million
actual box office so far: $75.8 million
accuracy so far: 52.7% (and falling)

Speed Racer
my prediction: $90 million
actual box office so far: $42 million
accuracy so far: 46.6%

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
my prediction: $172 million
actual box office so far: $131.7 million
accuracy so far: 76.6%

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
my prediction: $339 million
actual box office so far: $275.3 million
accuracy so far: 81.2%

Sex & The City
my prediction: $80 million
actual box office so far: $120 million
accuracy so far: 66.7% (and falling)

The Strangers
my prediction: $35 million
actual box office so far: $45.3 million
accuracy so far: 77.3%

Kung Fu Panda
my prediction: $135 million
actual box office so far: $118 million
accuracy so far: 87.4%

You Don't Mess With the Zohan
my prediction: $124 million
actual box office so far: $68.7 million
accuracy so far: 55.4%

It's eerie, isn't it? How good I am at this?

Please don't hate me just because I'm awesome.

No comments: