Wednesday, May 28, 2008

When You Really Love Potato Salad

WHAT'S THE BEST PART ABOUT FRIENDS? Well, if you ask me, one of the best parts is the little surprise gifts they send you every now and again. Like this video my friend Krafft sent. I have no idea where it's from, perhaps a musical about side dishes? It's hard to say. It all seems pretty normal. But stick with it. Until the ladies stop singing and start dancing.

Or should I say "dancing."



Obviously, this song was just an excuse to get the three women to show how super bendy they are. It does leave the viewer with a lot of questions. Firstly, what are these ladies phone numbers and are they available. Hello! Wait, what's that? They're all grandmas now, and deceased to boot? What a ripoff! Also, a barn? Seriously? So, potato salad + contortionists + barn = success?

And people talk about the golden age of cinema.

I am NOT being sarcastic. I totally mean that this clip is an example of how awesome film used to be and how stupid and lame the art of cinema is right now. I mean, where are the films that have contortionists singing about food? I can't believe that we've said everything that can be said about food, especially from the perspective of a trio of contortionists.

1 comment:

Foz the Hook said...

It is the best dancing ever. And they also managed to make potato salad seem a tad naughty. When they invited gentlemen to try their potato salad they kind of surreptitiously put their hands to their mouths, as if to say, “don’t let the chaperones see that I gave you extra potato salad.” Some movies today are pretty good, but the actors are subpar. These girls were good – P. T. Barnum good.