Monday, August 25, 2008

Are You Hungry For Entertainment?

MY NEPHEW AND I JUST INVENTED A NEW TV SHOW. During a conversation on the instant messenger. It's kind of like the new competitive eating series the Food Network is developing, called Eat The Clock. (That is a real show, by the way.) The idea we came up with is like that show crossed with another popular game show.

Here's how the conversation went down. I told my nephew I was now the boss of him, a charge which he denied. And he typed in "holy crap mean." Which I think was supposed to be "holy crap, man," but I read it as "holy crab meat." My nephew said he would totally eat that sandwich.
Me: Are you trying to be on that hot new game show? EAT THAT SANDWICH!

My nephew: I would be like Let's Make a Deal where nobody actually wins the grand prize.

Me: Nope....they just eat a sandwich. As America watches.

My nephew: Hmmmmmmm. Could it be like Eat That Sandwich Better Than a 5th Grader?

Me: Ha. That's even better.

My nephew: I'd go to try-outs.

So there it is. Get ready for the debut of Can You Eat a Sandwich Better Than a 5th Grader? Trust me. Whether my nephew and I make the show or not, it's going to happen.

1 comment:

Indianblogger said...

There is this show on Star Plus in India called "Kya aap panchvi paas se tej hain" which is "are you smarter than a 5th grader" . It's host is Shah Rukh Khan who is called the King Khan,popularly.
Entertainment, yes, we are actually developing home-grown, parallel shows of other countries in India.
Cheers, Neelima (from Bangalore)