Monday, September 8, 2008

Travels With Boozy

SORRY FOR THE DELAY. I honestly meant to post something earlier, but, in my defense, I am lazy. Also, I have been traveling, which for me means, drinking heavily. Truth be told, I am not a comfortable flier. I'm not as relaxed and at ease as this guy, although I wish I could be.

Normally, before I get on a plane I have a little drinky-poo to ease the tension. Even if my flight is at 11:55 a.m., which means I'm at the airport at 10:40 a.m., I'll hit the sauce a little bit. The wife is no better, the only difference being our drink of choice. She's more of a vodka soda drinker, while I prefer a margarita or gin and tonic.

So, on Thursday, the wife and I found ourselves at LAX at 10:40 a.m., readying ourselves for an 11:55 flight to Kansas City (where my family lives and where we were to play in an improv festival). Of course, by "readying ourselves" I mean self-medicating, with a little friend we call booze. Below is an illustration showing the comparative size of me (on the left) vs. the gin and tonic (on the right) I had before taking my seat on the Southwest flight.



I'd like to think my head isn't that bulbous, but it probably is.

Long story short, I've been too drunk to post. But I promise I'll get back on it in the coming days.

1 comment:

Karen said...

You can never go wrong with Xanax.