Wednesday, January 16, 2008

News of the Obvious

STOP THE PRESSES, MR. & MRS. AMERICA! It turns out that kids don't like clowns!

What? I mean, seriously. What? According to the story on the Internet today, children and even older kids are scared of clowns. "We found that clowns are universally disliked by children," a researcher from the University of Sheffield said. "Some found them quite frightening and unknowable."

Frightening and unknowable? What is frightening or unknowable about this?



And I suppose this is frightening too?



And this?



What could kids possibly find off-putting about any of those images? The crazy hair, the freakish makeup, the drunken demeanor? I suppose next you'll be telling me that kids don't like being shaken to sleep, or that they find the movies of David Lynch to be disconcerting and inscrutable.

Well, I guess I just don't know kids at all.

No comments: